Monday 24 October 2011

I Survived!!







Iain kindly sent me this pic of his Sikh War figures, which he converted, painted and based recently, wish I had his talent, Sikhs from Newline Design, cavalry from Tumbling Dice Crimean range. First pic is of Iain's Newline Designs Companions






Finally recovered from boys visit, great time with old pals (and I do mean old!!), excellent food, many beers, a few hours playing cards ( yet again we all covered B's travelling costs), discussion on the merits of various authors, Bernard Cornwell, Patrick O'Brien, Simon Scarrow, tales of grandkids exploits, Vic presented me with a dozen Zvedva GNW Swedes that he's been painting for me (nicely done) over past few years, E has started a new tradition involving a bucket and peculiar sounds at 5.30 a.m. T tried to get him to bathroom but inside door handle spring broke so both trapped until I heard T calling "HELP" , luckily I had left a bucket by E's bed as he wasn't too well on last visit, (new door handles fitted yesterday), KJPS again last to surface Sunday morning muttering "Cawfee, Cawfee", I fed and watered them all with multiple cuppas and toasted doorsteps ( translation, very thick slices of toasted bread with lashings of butter and marmalade), had a very relaxed morning due typical Welsh rain, they left around midday heading for their usual watering hole near Corwen for lunch on the way home, leaving me with the washing up again!! Roll on next visit sometime in the Spring when hopefully the missing campadre Joe can make it over from Crete ( brand new grand-daughter ) so then the "Magnificent Seven " will ride again !!

1 comment: